Sound off on the Cardinals
The Cardinals have more holes than most defending World Series champions, but before dismissing them, consider this:
2. If there's a pitching coach who can whip up a rotation from scratch, it's Dave Duncan.
4. Catcher Yadier Molina is as good as it gets behind the dish.
5. Scott Rolen and Tony La Russa are on the same page again.
7. Jason Isringhausen's hip and shoulder appear to be healthy.
8. GM Walt Jocketty isn't afraid to pull the trigger on trades.
9. It might only take 85 wins to win the Central.
10. Nobody expects a repeat.
Will the Cards become the first back-to-back champion since the Yankees won three in a row (1998-2000), or is St. Louis going to fade quickly from memory? Let us know what you think.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Caffeine free: Nats P tweets out comped java
- Braves, reliever Grilli agree to 2-year deal
- MLB average salary makes 12.78 percent jump
- Report: Braves, C Pierzynski agree to deal