Final in 11
3:05 PM ET, April 29, 2007
Coors Field, Denver, Colorado
• Summary: Troy Tulowitzki had an unassisted triple play in the seventh inning and Matt Holliday hit his first walk-off home run as the Rockies blew a 4-1 lead but rallied to win.
• Hero: Brad Hawpe was 2-for-4 with a home run, two RBIs and scored twice for Colorado.
• Losing effort: The Braves' Scott Thorman went 4-for-4 with 4 RBIs and scored twice, but it wasn't enough.
• Figure this: Tulowitzki's unassisted triple play was the first in the majors since Aug. 10, 2003, when Rafael Furcal turned his in the fifth inning against the Cardinals. Furcal caught Woody Williams' line drive, stepped on second to double Mike Matheny and tagged Orlando Palmeiro, who was running back to first.
• Quotable: "I haven't had time to file this one away. We needed the win like a hog needs slop." -- Colorado manager Clint Hurdle
• Elias Says: Tulowitzki was the eighth shortstop to turn an unassisted triple play (along with two first basemen and a pair of second basemen).
-- ESPN.com news services
Rockies 9, Braves 7
Langerhans, who snapped an 0-for-29 skid with a third-inning double, was traded to the Oakland Athletics in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations. ... Colorado RHP Rodrigo Lopez threw off a mound for the first time since going on the DL April 19. ... Holliday has a 12-game hitting streak. ... Atlanta called up OF Willie Harris from Triple-A Richmond.
Regular Season Series
|2nd||S Thorman homered to left.||1||0|
|2nd||W Taveras singled to right, B Hawpe and C Iannetta scored, J Carroll to second, J Carroll to third on error by right fielder J Francoeur.||1||2|
|2nd||T Tulowitzki tripled to left, J Carroll and W Taveras scored.||1||4|
|4th||S Thorman singled to right, A Jones scored.||2||4|
|5th||B Hawpe homered to right.||2||5|
|6th||S Thorman singled to center, C Jones and J Francoeur scored.||4||5|
|6th||R Langerhans hit sacrifice fly to center, S Thorman scored.||5||5|
|8th||B Pena safe at first on error by third baseman G Atkins, J Francoeur scored, S Thorman to second.||6||5|
|9th||E Renteria reached on infield single to second, K Johnson scored.||7||5|
|9th||M Holliday reached on infield single to shortstop, W Taveras scored, T Tulowitzki to third, T Helton to second.||7||6|
|9th||B Hawpe grounded out to second, T Tulowitzki scored, T Helton to third, M Holliday to second.||7||7|
|11th||M Holliday homered to center, T Helton scored.||7||9|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Coors Field, Denver, CO|
|Attendance||31,445 (62.4% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||82 degrees, sunny|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Dana Demuth, First Base - Derryl Cousins, Second Base - Kerwin Danley, Third Base - Doug Eddings|