10:15 PM ET, May 7, 2007
AT&T Park, San Francisco, California
• Summary: Bengie Molina hit two home runs in the same inning to lead the Giants past the Mets.
• Turning point: Molina hit a shot off the wall in the fifth that umpires ruled a home run. It gave the Giants a 2-1 lead and they tacked on seven more runs in the frame.
• Hero: Molina became the first Giant to hit two homers in an inning since Willie McCovey in 1977.
• Figure this: Barry Bonds moved ahead of Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth for third place on the all-time runs list with 2,175.
• Quotable: "There were a lot of could-haves, would-haves and should-haves tonight." -- Mets infielder Damion Easley
• Elias Says: Molina became only the third catcher in major league history to hit two home runs in an inning.
-- ESPN.com news services
Giants 9, Mets 4
Zito improved to 87-4 when receiving four or more runs of support. ... Henderson retrieved a foul ball by Bengie Molina in the lower box of seats behind the plate in the bottom of the second. ... Vizquel had his own animated rooting section in left field and the group held a long banner with each of the shortstop's 11 Gold Gloves.
Regular Season Series
|5th||J Reyes doubled to deep center, D Easley scored.||1||0|
|5th||B Molina homered to left center, R Durham scored.||1||2|
|5th||O Vizquel safe at first on error by right fielder S Green, B Zito scored, R Winn to third.||1||3|
|5th||R Aurilia homered to left, R Winn and O Vizquel scored.||1||6|
|5th||B Molina homered to center, B Bonds and R Durham scored.||1||9|
|6th||S Green doubled to right, C Delgado scored, P Lo Duca to third.||2||9|
|6th||D Easley struck out swinging, D Easley safe at first on wild pitch by B Zito, P Lo Duca scored, S Green to third.||3||9|
|8th||R Gotay singled to center, S Green scored, D Easley to second.||4||9|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA|
|Attendance||37,365 (89.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||80 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Mike Winters, First Base - Brian Runge, Second Base - Bruce Froemming, Third Base - Mark Wegner|