• Summary: Kevin Youkilis pushed across the go-ahead run with his single in the bottom of the sixth, and the Red Sox continued their recent domination of the Orioles at Fenway.
• Turning point: Youkilis broke open a tie game in the sixth when his two-out single chased home Jason Varitek and gave the Sox a lead they never relinquished.
• Goat: Baltimore starter Steve Trachsel allowed four runs -- three earned -- five hits and four walks in 4 1/3 innings, just the second time in eight starts he allowed more than three runs.
• Figure this: Boston is 18-0 this year when it scores at least five runs.
• Figure this II: Red Sox starter Curt Schilling extended to 68 his big-league record of consecutive starts without allowing an unearned run.
• Elias Says: The Red Sox had eight hits in 16 two-out at-bats, lifting their season two-out batting average to .296, highest in the AL.
-- ESPN.com news services
Red Sox 13, Orioles 4
BOSTON (AP) -- Kevin Youkilis singled in the go-ahead run in the sixth, Alex Cora added a two-run single in the seventh and the Boston Red Sox resumed their domination of the Baltimore Orioles with a 13-4 win Saturday.Youkilis' two-out single off Jon Leicester (0-1) drove in Jason Varitek, who was hit by a pitch leading off, and put Boston ahead 5-4. Youkilis, 13 for his last 26, singled in another run as Boston pulled away with a five-run eighth.Cora, pinch hitting for Dustin Pedroia, drove in two runs in a three-run seventh that gave Boston an 8-4 lead. He added a single in the eighth that improved his batting average to .432 (19-for-44).Julio Lugo had four of Boston's 15 hits, including an RBI single in the eighth.A night after a 6-3 loss to the Orioles, AL East-leading Boston improved its record against Baltimore to 18-4 since the start of last season.Hurt by seven walks, Baltimore lost for the first time in five games despite a subpar performance by Curt Schilling, who allowed four runs and nine hits in 5 1-3 innings, his shortest outing since opening day.Javier Lopez (1-0) relieved Schilling and allowed a tying groundout but retired all three batters he faced. Hideki Okajima pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings and hasn't allowed a run in his last 17 outings.After being hit by the pitch in the sixth, Varitek moved to third on a sacrifice and Lugo's two-out single. He scored on Youkilis' single to center.Leicester walked the first three batters in the seventh and had a 2-0 count on the next hitter before leaving with a strained shoulder. Todd Williams relieved and gave up an RBI groundout to Coco Crisp and Cora's single, which put Boston ahead 8-4.Boston had had taken a 1-0 lead in the fourth on Mike Lowell's sacrifice fly. Doubles by Jay Gibbons and Brian Roberts tied it in the fifth, but Boston took a 4-1 lead in the bottom half on David Ortiz's RBI double and Manny Ramirez's two-run double.Baltimore tied it in the sixth on Gibbons' RBI single, Jay Payton's bases-loaded walk that finished Schilling and Corey Patterson's groundout.
Ramirez and Roberts extended their hitting streaks to 11 games. ... Baltimore starter Steve Trachsel allowed four runs -- three earned -- five hits and four walks in 4 1-3 innings, just the second time in eight starts he allowed more than three runs. ... Ramirez moved into a tie for 39th place in RBIs with 1,539. He broke a tie with Joe DiMaggio at 1,537 and equaled Harry Heilmann's total. ... Boston is 18-0 when it scores at least five runs. ... Gibbons, a left-handed hitter, went to the opposite field on his two doubles and a single. ... Schilling extended to 68 his major league record of consecutive starts without allowing an unearned run.