Final in 10
7:10 PM ET, May 15, 2007
Champion Stadium, Kissimmee, Florida
• Summary: Brendan Harris' bases-loaded single in the 10th inning -- his fourth hit of the game -- drove in the Rays' winning run off Scott Feldman, who was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma earlier in the day.
• Series lookahead: The Devil Rays shifted the three-game series from St. Petersburg to Disney -- about 90 miles northeast of the team's domed stadium -- in hopes of raising the franchise's profile in the Orlando area and bolstering television ratings across Central Florida.
• Did you see that?: Most of Tampa Bay's players made the 90-mile trip by car, some arriving on Monday and taking advantage of the day off to visit theme parks.
• Figure this: Attendance was announced as 8,443, a little more than 1,000 below capacity and slightly better than the 8,241 the Devil Rays and Rangers averaged for six dates at Tropicana Field last season.
• Quotable: "It felt a little different. It's the first time that I could hear individual fans. I think once you get to the big leagues, you start to feed off that energy of 30,000 people going strong." -- Texas right-hander Brandon McCarthy
-- ESPN.com news services
Devil Rays 4, Rangers 3 (10 innings)
Rangers OF Sammy Sosa had the night off. ... Devil Rays CF Rocco Baldelli, who's in a 1-for-40 skid, left the game with a left hamstring strain after grounding out in the first. The injury will be re-evaluated Wednesday. ... The Rangers placed RHP Kevin Millwood on the 15-day DL a day after returning to the team and aggravating a hamstring injury that had kept him out for two weeks. LHP Ron Mahay was put on the DL with a strained muscle in his ribcage. Feldman and A.J. Murray were recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma. ... Wilkerson left the game with a right hamstring injury after sliding awkwardly to avoid a tag at second base on a fifth-inning double. Rangers manager Ron Washington said it appears Wilkerson pulled the hamstring. He won't be available Wednesday, and could wind up on the disabled list.
Regular Season Series
|Tampa Bay leads 5-4 (as of Tue 5/15)|
|Mon 4/9||@TEX 8, TB 4||Recap|
|Tue 4/10||@TEX 12, TB 9||Recap|
|Wed 4/11||TB 6, @TEX 5||Recap|
|» Tue 5/15||@TB 4, TEX 3||Box Score|
|Wed 5/16||@TB 11, TEX 8||Recap|
|Thu 5/17||@TB 8, TEX 6||Recap|
|Fri 8/10||@TEX 7, TB 4||Recap|
|Sat 8/11||TB 3, @TEX 0||Recap|
|Sun 8/12||@TEX 9, TB 1||Recap|
|Complete Schedule: Rangers | Devil Rays|
|2nd||B Wilkerson hit sacrifice fly to right, V Diaz scored.||1||0|
|TB||2nd||C Pena doubled to right, B Upton scored.||1||1|
|TB||3rd||E Dukes singled to center, J Wilson scored.||1||2|
|TB||3rd||T Wigginton hit sacrifice fly to right, E Dukes scored, C Crawford to third.||1||3|
|5th||H Blalock homered to right.||2||3|
|5th||N Cruz singled to left center, M Kata scored.||3||3|
|TB||10th||B Harris singled to left, C Pena scored, D Young to third, D Navarro to second.||3||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Champion Stadium, Kissimmee, FL|
|Attendance||8,443 (24.8% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||81 degrees, partly cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Jerry Layne, First Base - Bruce Froemming, Second Base - Mark Wegner, Third Base - Brian Runge|