3:55 PM ET, May 19, 2007
Shea Stadium, Flushing, New York
• Summary: David Wright and Tom Glavine sent the Mets to their second straight Subway Series win over the Yankees, who lost another starter to injury. Wright's first homer built a 3-1 lead, Glavine was sharp and the Mets finished off the fading Yankees with a 10-7 win.
• Turning point: With the Mets down 1-0, Wright belted a drive over the left-field fence off reliever Mike Myers with one out in the first for his 5th homer of the season. He connected for his sixth in the third.
• Hero: Wright walloped two two-run homers, drove in four runs and scored three times for the Mets, who won for the ninth time in 11 games.
• Closing in on 300: Economical and efficient as always, Glavine (5-1) lasted six-plus innings for his 295th career victory.
• Bad news: Yanks' starter Darrell Rasner could miss at least three months after being struck on his pitching hand in the first.
• Figure this: The Yankees are 1-7 this year against their two biggest rivals, the Red Sox and Mets.
• Elias Says: Wright's shots mark the first time in Myers' 832 games in the majors that he allowed two home runs to the same player in one game. And it was the first time this season a relief pitcher gave up two home runs in one game to one player.-- ESPN.com news services
Mets 10, Yankees 7
The Mets have won their last five series. ... The Yankees dropped to 3-9 when the opponent starts a left-hander.
Regular Season Series
|1st||J Posada grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, J Damon scored, A Rodriguez out at second, H Matsui to third.||1||0|
|1st||C Beltran hit sacrifice fly to center, J Reyes scored.||1||1|
|1st||D Wright homered to left, E Chavez scored.||1||3|
|2nd||R Cano homered to right.||2||3|
|2nd||E Chavez singled to left, D Easley scored, J Reyes to third.||2||4|
|3rd||D Wright homered to center, C Delgado scored.||2||6|
|4th||C Delgado doubled to right, E Chavez scored, C Beltran to third.||2||7|
|4th||S Green grounded into fielder's choice to second, C Beltran scored, D Wright out at second, C Delgado to third.||2||8|
|7th||D Jeter singled to center, J Phelps scored.||3||8|
|8th||A Rodriguez homered to left.||4||8|
|8th||J Posada homered to right center.||5||8|
|8th||J Phelps doubled to left center, B Abreu scored.||6||8|
|8th||J Franco reached on infield single to second, C Beltran and D Wright scored, J Franco to second.||6||10|
|9th||B Abreu grounded into fielder's choice to pitcher, A Rodriguez scored, J Posada safe at third on throwing error by pitcher B Wagner.||7||10|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Shea Stadium, Flushing, NY|
|Attendance||56,137 (133.9% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||58 degrees, drizzle|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Larry Vanover, First Base - Tony Randazzo, Second Base - Chris Guccione, Third Base - Greg Gibson|