Final in 10
7:05 PM ET, June 28, 2007
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Summary: Jimmy Rollins had four hits, including a
game-winning RBI single in the bottom of the 10th inning and the
Philadelphia Phillies beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-7 on Thursday
• Power surge: Cincinnati's Adam Dunn, the subject of numerous trade rumors, has now homered in three straight games and leads the Reds with 23 homers, second in the NL behind Milwaukee's Prince Fielder, who has 27. Dunn has homered in three straight games three times this season.
• Did you see that? Philadelphia's Greg Dobbs was beaned in the side of the head by Reds catcher Chad Moeller in the fifth inning. Dobbs was struck on the left side of the head when Moeller was throwing the ball back to starter Matt Belisle. The ball caromed all the way to the far end of the Reds dugout.
• Series lookahead: The Phillies host the Mets for a four-game series this weekend, including a doubleheader Friday. Philadelphia trails New York by three games in the NL East.
• Quotable: "Timing is everything. I got my opportunity tonight, it might be someone else's opportunity tomorrow." -- Rollins on his big night
-- ESPN.com news services
Phillies 8, Reds 7 (10 innings)
It was Utley's 13th career multihomer game and first of the season. ... Howard made a nifty over-the-shoulder diving catch in the third inning. ... Dunn has homered in three straight games three times this season.
Regular Season Series
|1st||C Utley homered to right center, J Rollins scored.||0||2|
|2nd||E Encarnacion homered to left.||1||2|
|3rd||K Griffey Jr hit sacrifice fly to center, S Hatteberg scored, B Phillips to third.||2||2|
|3rd||A Dunn homered to right, B Phillips scored.||4||2|
|3rd||C Utley homered to center, J Rollins scored.||4||4|
|4th||S Hatteberg singled to right, J Hamilton scored, A Gonzalez to third.||5||4|
|5th||G Dobbs doubled to deep center, R Howard and A Rowand scored.||5||6|
|7th||B Phillips hit sacrifice fly to center, N Hopper scored, S Hatteberg to third.||6||6|
|8th||A Gonzalez homered to left.||7||6|
|8th||J Rollins tripled to deep right, A Nunez scored.||7||7|
|10th||J Rollins singled to deep right center, J Werth scored, A Nunez to second.||7||8|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA|
|Attendance||44,323 (101.5% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||86 degrees, partly cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Scott Barry, First Base - Andy Fletcher, Second Base - Mike Reilly, Third Base - Jeff Kellogg|