2:05 PM ET, July 15, 2007
Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
• Summary: Pinch-hitter Kevin Mench drove in the go-ahead run before adding an insurance run in the Brewers' 4-3 win over the Rockies.
• Figure this: Closer Francisco Cordero recorded Milwaukee's first save since June 20, putting an end to the team's 18-game streak without one.
• What a relief: Matt Wise pitched one scoreless inning in relief of starter Jeff Suppan for the win.
• Injury update: Milwaukee ace Ben Sheets said after the game that his right middle finger had not improved since he left Saturday night's game with a sprained distal. Sheets said he remains uncertain if he will have an MRI on Monday, and he is not sure if he can make his next start.
• Let's go racing: The second-place Cubs swept the Astros, meaning the Brewers still lead the NL Central by 3 1/2 games.
-- ESPN.com news services
Brewers 4, Rockies 3
Brewers RHP Ben Sheets said after the game that his right middle finger had not improved since he left Saturday night's game with a sprained distal. "I just can't put any pressure on it," he said. Sheets said he remains uncertain if he will have an MRI on Monday, and he is not sure if he can make his next start. X-rays were negative Saturday, when Sheets left the game in the fourth inning after throwing a pitch to Todd Helton. ... Rockies RHP Taylor Buchholz will make his eighth start _ and first start since June 1 _ Monday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Buchholz, who was moved to the bullpen in early June, is starting for injured RHP Jason Hirsh (sprained right ankle). Hirsh is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Wednesday. ... Sunday's game was "Cerveceros Day" to honor Hispanics. The Brewers wore "Cerveceros" jerseys and gave away Chorizo bobbleheads in honor of one of the team's racing sausages.
Regular Season Series
|3rd||K Matsui doubled to deep left, C Iannetta scored.||1||0|
|5th||J Suppan singled to right, G Gross scored, T Graffanino to third.||1||1|
|5th||C Hart singled to left center, T Graffanino scored, J Suppan to second.||1||2|
|7th||C Sullivan singled to right center, T Tulowitzki scored, C Sullivan to second on throwing error by right fielder G Gross.||2||2|
|7th||K Mench tripled to deep right, G Jenkins scored.||2||3|
|7th||K Mench scored on J Affeldt's wild pitch.||2||4|
|8th||B Hawpe homered to right.||3||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI|
|Attendance||42,754 (102% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||78 degrees, partly cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Mike Everitt, First Base - Scott Barry, Second Base - Gerry Davis, Third Base - Chris Guccione|