10:05 PM ET, August 6, 2007
Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Anaheim, California
• Summary: In his return from the DL, Curt Schilling gave up a tiebreaking homer to Maicer Izturis in the seventh and the Angels hung on to beat the Red Sox 4-2.
• The big picture: Schilling has lost three consecutive starts for the first time since dropping four straight in 2000 with Arizona.
• Quotable: "Absolutely. That's what keeps me going. That's part of why you play. And the day that's gone, I'll quit." -- Schilling, admitting to being nervous before making his return
• Let's go racing: Boston's AL East lead over second-place New York was cut to six games -- the smallest for the Red Sox since July 25.
• What a relief: Francisco Rodriguez earned his 28th save in 31 chances this season.
-- ESPN.com news services
Angels 4, Red Sox 2
Moss was promoted from Triple-A Pawtucket to replace 1B Eric Hinske, who was placed on the bereavement list so that he could be with his wife Kathryn during her complicated pregnancy. ... The sellout crowd of 44,142 included the entire roster and coaching staff of the Lancaster JetHawks, Boston's Class-A affiliate in the California League. Manager Chad Epperson and his players had an off day between a series at Lake Elsinore and one at home against Modesto.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
Regular Season Series
|Boston leads 6-4 (as of Mon 8/6)|
|Fri 4/13||@BOS 10, LAA 1||Recap|
|Sat 4/14||@BOS 8, LAA 0||Recap|
|Mon 4/16||@BOS 7, LAA 2||Recap|
|» Mon 8/6||@LAA 4, BOS 2||Box Score|
|Tue 8/7||@LAA 10, BOS 4||Recap|
|Wed 8/8||BOS 9, @LAA 6||Recap|
|Fri 8/17||@BOS 8, LAA 4||Recap|
|Fri 8/17||LAA 7, @BOS 5||Recap|
|Sat 8/18||@BOS 10, LAA 5||Recap|
|Sun 8/19||LAA 3, @BOS 1||Recap|
|Complete Schedule: Red Sox | Angels|
|3rd||K Youkilis homered to left, D Pedroia scored.||2||0|
|4th||C Kotchman singled to center, G Anderson and G Matthews scored.||2||2|
|7th||M Izturis homered to right.||2||3|
|7th||C Figgins hit sacrifice fly to left, J Mathis scored.||2||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA|
|Attendance||44,142 (97.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||77 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - James Hoye, First Base - Phil Cuzzi, Second Base - Tom Hallion, Third Base - Jerry Crawford|