1:05 PM ET, May 29, 2010
Yankee Stadium, New York, NY
Indians storm back to beat Yankees after Huff hit by A-Rod line drive
NEW YORK -- David Huff lay motionless on the mound for nearly 6 minutes, struck in the head by Alex Rodriguez's line drive. His Cleveland teammates gathered nearby, the crowd stood in stunned silence.
• The Yankees coughed up a six-run lead, the third time in the last two weeks they've surrendered a lead of at least five runs.
• The Indians scored 10 runs for the first time this season, the most they've scored in a game since posting 13 runs on the Royals last season.
• Joba Chamberlain allowed four runs and four hits in one-third of an inning. The Indians scored seven runs in the seventh inning off four Yankee pitchers.
• Catcher Lou Marson went 3 for 5 with three doubles. He's the first Indians player with three doubles in a game against the Yankees since Carlos Baerga in 1990.
• Derek Jeter, playing on the 15-year anniversary of his MLB debut, went 3 for 5 and scored three runs.
• Robinson Cano went 3 for 4 with three RBIs; he's 6 for 8 with a homer and seven RBIs in the first two games of this series.
Jeter tied Bernie Williams for second in Yanks history with his 449th double. ... Cleveland's Travis Hafner, who has reached base in 19 straight games, was given the day off.
Regular Season Series
|New York leads 6-2 (as of Sat 5/29)|
|Fri 5/28||@NYY 8, CLE 2||Recap|
|» Sat 5/29||CLE 13, @NYY 11||Box Score|
|Sun 5/30||@NYY 7, CLE 3||Recap|
|Mon 5/31||@NYY 11, CLE 2||Recap|
|Mon 7/26||NYY 3, @CLE 2||Recap|
|Tue 7/27||@CLE 4, NYY 1||Recap|
|Wed 7/28||NYY 8, @CLE 0||Recap|
|Thu 7/29||NYY 11, @CLE 4||Recap|
|Complete Schedule: Indians | Yankees|
|1st||A Rodriguez hit sacrifice fly to right, D Jeter scored.||0||1|
|3rd||A Rodriguez doubled to right, N Swisher scored, M Teixeira to third.||0||2|
|3rd||R Cano hit sacrifice fly to center, M Teixeira scored.||0||3|
|4th||M Grudzielanek singled to left, A Kearns scored, J Peralta to second.||1||3|
|4th||M LaPorta doubled to deep center, J Peralta and M Grudzielanek scored.||3||3|
|4th||N Swisher walked, K Russo scored, B Gardner to third, D Jeter to second.||3||4|
|4th||M Teixeira hit by pitch, B Gardner scored, D Jeter to third, N Swisher to second.||3||5|
|4th||R Cano doubled to left, D Jeter and N Swisher scored, M Teixeira to third.||3||7|
|4th||F Cervelli singled to center, M Teixeira and R Cano scored, M Thames to second.||3||9|
|5th||A Kearns singled to center, T Crowe scored.||4||9|
|5th||A Rodriguez singled to left, D Jeter scored, N Swisher to second.||4||10|
|6th||L Marson doubled to deep right center, M LaPorta scored.||5||10|
|7th||A Kearns singled to center, T Crowe scored.||6||10|
|7th||M Grudzielanek singled to center, A Kearns scored, J Peralta to second.||7||10|
|7th||L Marson doubled to deep right center, J Peralta and M Grudzielanek scored, M LaPorta to third.||9||10|
|7th||J Donald doubled to right, M LaPorta and L Marson scored.||11||10|
|7th||T Crowe singled to right, J Donald scored.||12||10|
|8th||R Branyan homered to right (365 feet).||13||10|
|9th||D Jeter doubled to deep right, C Granderson scored.||13||11|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Yankee Stadium, New York, NY|
|Attendance||46,599 (92.7% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||74 degrees, partly cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - C.B. Bucknor, First Base - Doug Eddings, Second Base - Dana Demuth, Third Base - Kerwin Danley|