(74-55, 45-18 home)
7:10 PM ET, August 28, 2010
Turner Field, Atlanta, Georgia
ATLANTA -- No way the Braves were blowing this big lead. Not with Tim Hudson on the mound.Hudson struck out a career-high 13 and Martin Prado equaled his career best with five RBIs, powering Atlanta to a 12-3 rout of the Florida Marlins on Saturday night.
• Tim Hudson struck out a career-high 13 batters over seven innings. Greg Maddux is the only other Braves pitcher to strike out 10 or more batters in seven or fewer innings, accomplishing the feat in 2000.
• This was Hudson's first 10 strikeout performance since May of 2008, he underwent Tommy John surgery in August 2008.
• The Braves exploded for six runs in the second inning as they snapped a four-game losing streak and maintained their two-game lead in the NL East.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Lee has a strained right side and was removed for precautionary reasons. Braves manager Bobby Cox said he might hold Lee out of Sunday's game just to make sure he's OK. ... Florida OF Cameron Maybin was back in the lineup after coming out the previous night with what was announced as a strained groin. Maybin said he was merely dehydrated. ... The Marlins lost for only the third time in 11 games.
Regular Season Series
|Atlanta leads 11-7 (as of Sat 8/28)|
|Tue 5/25||@FLA 6, ATL 4||Recap|
|Wed 5/26||ATL 7, @FLA 3||Recap|
|Thu 5/27||ATL 8, @FLA 3||Recap|
|Fri 7/2||@ATL 4, FLA 3||Recap|
|Sat 7/3||@ATL 4, FLA 1||Recap|
|Sun 7/4||FLA 3, @ATL 2||Recap|
|Fri 7/23||@FLA 7, ATL 6||Recap|
|Sat 7/24||ATL 10, @FLA 5||Recap|
|Sun 7/25||@FLA 5, ATL 4||Recap|
|Fri 8/27||FLA 7, @ATL 1||Recap|
|» Sat 8/28||@ATL 12, FLA 3||Box Score|
|Sun 8/29||@ATL 7, FLA 6||Recap|
|Fri 9/3||@FLA 6, ATL 1||Recap|
|Sat 9/4||ATL 2, @FLA 0||Recap|
|Sun 9/5||@FLA 7, ATL 6||Recap|
|Mon 9/27||@ATL 2, FLA 1||Recap|
|Tue 9/28||@ATL 3, FLA 2||Recap|
|Wed 9/29||@ATL 5, FLA 1||Recap|
|Complete Schedule: Braves|
|2nd||M Diaz homered to center (410 feet).||0||1|
|2nd||O Infante reached on infield single to shortstop, A Gonzalez scored.||0||2|
|2nd||M Prado walked, M Cabrera scored, O Infante to third, J Heyward to second.||0||3|
|2nd||B McCann doubled to right, O Infante, J Heyward and M Prado scored.||0||6|
|3rd||M Prado singled to left, O Infante and J Heyward scored.||0||8|
|FLA||4th||E Bonifacio hit sacrifice fly to center, G Sanchez scored.||1||8|
|4th||E Hinske homered to center (406 feet).||1||9|
|4th||T Hudson safe at first on error by left fielder L Morrison, M Diaz scored, M Cabrera to second.||1||10|
|7th||M Prado homered to left (353 feet), R Ankiel scored.||1||12|
|FLA||8th||D Murphy doubled to deep right, L Morrison scored.||2||12|
|FLA||9th||B Davis singled to left, B Hayes scored.||3||12|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Turner Field, Atlanta, GA|
|Attendance||43,846 (88.8% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||85 degrees, cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Mike Everitt, First Base - Adrian Johnson, Second Base - Al Porter, Third Base - Tim Mcclelland|
How Braves starter Tim Hudson beat the Marlins:
• Hudson had a career-high 13 strikeouts
• He struck out 46.4 percent of the batters he faced (24 percent, previous high).
• He had a season-high 34.6 percent swing-and-miss percentage.
• He become the second Braves pitcher with 13-plus strikeouts in seven innings or fewer. Greg Maddux was the other in 2000.
ESPN Stats & Information