10:15 PM ET, June 11, 2007
AT&T Park, San Francisco, California
• Summary: Barry Bonds hit career homer No. 747 to help the Giants come from behind against the Blue Jays for a 4-3 win.
• Bonds watch: The two-run shot leaves Bonds just eight home runs away from tying Hank Aaron's mark of 755.
• Quotable: "Whenever people count that big man out, he always responds. He felt good tonight. Take that for what it's worth, but I took it as he was going to do something special." -- Dave Roberts on Bonds
• Figure this: This was Bonds first career homer off Toronto starter Josh Towers, meaning the Giants slugger has gone deep vs. 440 different pitchers.
• Unsung hero: Matt Morris tossed his third complete game of the season, which ties Dodgers starter Derek Lowe for the most in the bigs, to help San Francisco end a three-game skid.
-- ESPN.com news services
Giants 4, Blue Jays 3
Barry Bonds hit career homer No. 747 and the 13th of the season Monday. At 42, Bonds now ranks fourth all-time for single season home runs by players 42 years old and up.
| || || |
Bonds' last five homers have come at home and nine of his 13 in all. ... Bonds is likely to get the day off for Wednesday afternoon's series finale following a night game Tuesday. ... Towers struck out five and walked one in four innings, allowing five hits and four runs -- three earned.
Regular Season Series
|1st||A Hill doubled to deep left center, A Rios and M Stairs scored.||2||0|
|1st||A Lind singled to right center, A Hill scored.||3||0|
|1st||R Klesko grounded out to second, D Roberts scored.||3||1|
|4th||B Bonds homered to center, R Klesko scored.||3||3|
|4th||O Vizquel sacrificed to pitcher, R Durham scored, B Molina to second.||3||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA|
|Attendance||38,030 (90.7% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||58 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Jim Reynolds, First Base - Gary Cederstrom, Second Base - Lance Barksdale, Third Base - Tim Welke|