7:07 PM ET, June 21, 2007
Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario
• Summary: The Dodgers trailed the Blue Jays 3-2 in the top of the eighth until Russell Martin's two-run double with the bases loaded started a six-run inning as Los Angeles took two of three from Toronto.
• Rough inning: Toronto's Casey Janssen took over in the top of the eighth and faced seven batters, allowing six runs on five hits as the Dodgers mounted their comeback. Janssen became the first Blue Jays reliever to allow six earned runs and not get an out. He also joined Detroit's Nate Robertson as the only pitcher this season to allow at least six runs without recording an out.
• Figure this: Jeff Kent hit his 10th home run of the season, giving him 16 straight seasons with 10+ homers. That's the longest active streak in the majors.
• Figure this II: Martin now has a .462 batting average and 34 RBIs in 30 career plate appearances with the bases loaded.
• Quotable: "It was just fun to be in Toronto, in Canada and playing professionally. It's something you dream about when you're a kid. It's definitely something I'll remember for a long time." -- Martin, who was born in East York, Ontario-- ESPN.com news services
Dodgers 8, Blue Jays 4
Marcum pitched six no-hit innings in his first start of the season, May 13 against Tampa Bay, but was pulled after throwing 78 pitches. He has allowed more than two earned runs in only two of his eight starts. ... Adrian Johnson umpired at third base in place of Eric Cooper, who left Wednesday's game after six innings because of a pulled muscle.
Regular Season Series
|2nd||A Hill homered to right, G Zaun scored.||0||2|
|6th||J Kent homered to left, J Pierre scored.||2||2|
|6th||G Zaun hit sacrifice fly to left, M Stairs scored.||2||3|
|8th||R Martin doubled to deep right, N Garciaparra and J Kent scored, L Gonzalez to third.||4||3|
|8th||O Saenz singled to center, L Gonzalez scored, R Martin to third.||5||3|
|8th||M Kemp doubled to deep center, R Martin scored, R Wolf to third.||6||3|
|8th||T Abreu singled to right, R Wolf scored, M Kemp to third.||7||3|
|8th||R Furcal singled to left, M Kemp scored, T Abreu to second.||8||3|
|8th||G Zaun hit sacrifice fly to right, M Stairs scored.||8||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON|
|Attendance||25,265 (51.3% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||73 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Jeff Kellogg, First Base - Chad Fairchild, Second Base - Chris Guccione, Third Base - Adrian Johnson|