8:05 PM ET, July 20, 2007
Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
• Summary: Barry Bonds might have gone 0-for-4, but the Giants tagged the Brewers bullpen for five runs en route to an 8-4 win.
• Chasing Aaron: Bonds, who is 1-for-10 against Milwaukee this season, remains two homers shy of tying Hank Aaron's all-time mark of 755.
• Quotable: "I thought [Bonds'] playing here, a game important in the pennant race and I'm here. I'm glad to be here. And I'll be back tomorrow and Sunday." -- Commissioner Bud Selig
• Speechless: After the game Bonds had a team spokesman tell the huge crowd of reporters gathered around his locker that he wasn't talking and everybody should go "talk to his teammates."
• Winning ways: Noah Lowry allowed three earned runs in six innings to improve to 4-1 in his last five starts.
• Let's go racing: The NL Central-leading Brewers have just a 2 1/2 game over the second-place Cubs, their slimmest margin since April 28.
-- ESPN.com news services
Giants 8, Brewers 4
Omar Vizquel played his 2,511th game at shortstop, tying Ozzie Smith for second on the career list behind Venezuelan countryman Luis Aparicio (2,583). "Sometimes it's hard to play a lot of games like that," said Vizquel, an 11-time Gold Glover. "That's the way I grew up: be out there as many games as I can. No excuses." ... San Francisco's Dave Roberts doubled among his three hits and stole his 18th base. ... LHP Manny Parra made his major league debut for Milwaukee in the eighth. ... Corey Hart snapped an 0-for-11 streak with a leadoff triple in the first for the Brewers, then Weeks ended a funk of the same length with a single to start the fifth.
Regular Season Series
|San Francisco leads 5-4 (as of Fri 7/20)|
|Mon 6/18||@MIL 5, SF 4||Recap|
|Tue 6/19||@MIL 6, SF 2||Recap|
|Wed 6/20||@MIL 7, SF 5||Recap|
|» Fri 7/20||SF 8, @MIL 4||Box Score|
|Sat 7/21||SF 8, @MIL 0||Recap|
|Sun 7/22||@MIL 7, SF 5|
|Fri 8/24||@SF 11, MIL 6||Recap|
|Sat 8/25||@SF 6, MIL 2||Recap|
|Sun 8/26||@SF 5, MIL 4|
|Complete Schedule: Giants | Brewers|
|1st||J Hardy grounded out to third, C Hart scored.||0||1|
|4th||G Rodriguez singled to right, R Aurilia scored.||1||1|
|4th||D Roberts doubled to deep center, G Rodriguez scored.||2||1|
|4th||K Mench doubled to deep left center, R Braun scored.||2||2|
|5th||P Feliz singled to left, R Winn scored, R Aurilia to third.||3||2|
|5th||J Hardy singled to right, R Weeks scored, C Hart to third, C Hart scored, J Hardy to second on error by catcher G Rodriguez.||3||4|
|7th||R Klesko scored, R Aurilia to third, P Feliz to second on wild pitch by C Villanueva.||4||4|
|7th||G Rodriguez singled to left center, R Aurilia and P Feliz scored.||6||4|
|8th||R Klesko singled to deep right, D Roberts scored, R Winn to third.||7||4|
|8th||R Aurilia singled to center, R Winn scored, R Klesko to second.||8||4|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI|
|Attendance||43,121 (102.9% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||67 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Bruce Dreckman, First Base - Jerry Meals, Second Base - Gary Darling, Third Base - Larry Poncino|