Jocketty smoothes things over with La Russa, Rolen
The feud between Tony La Russa and Scott Rolen has apparently reached its end for the defending World Series champions, according to a published report.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that four-time manager of the year La Russa and third baseman Rolen exchanged a handshake outside La Russa's office on Thursday.
During last October's playoff push, it was widely reported the two talked past each other during their victory over the Tigers. The situation originally escalated after La Russa benched Rolen for Game 4 of the Division Series against the San Diego Padres.
"It's not an issue. We've got other things to concern ourselves with now, like how to get ready to win ballgames," La Russa told the Post-Dispatch on Friday afternoon.
General manager Walt Jocketty helped broker the truce, according to the report.
The Cardinals open their spring schedule Tuesday against the Florida Marlins.
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL