With family history, Nady to take Crohn's disease test
Nady was hospitalized three days earlier this week for an inflamed intestine and, so far, doctors think he has a viral infection. But Nady is being tested for Crohn's disease because a cousin has it and it is known to run in the family.
Nady says he began to feel stomach pain Sunday night, then told the Pirates' medical staff about it Tuesday. He checked in to Manatee Memorial Hospital near the team's spring training facility on Tuesday night and checked out Thursday. Nady dressed for the team's two-hour workout today at Pirate City, but he did not participate in any activities.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Pittsburgh Pirates Gold 3-Stripe T-Shirt