With family history, Nady to take Crohn's disease test
Nady was hospitalized three days earlier this week for an inflamed intestine and, so far, doctors think he has a viral infection. But Nady is being tested for Crohn's disease because a cousin has it and it is known to run in the family.
Nady says he began to feel stomach pain Sunday night, then told the Pirates' medical staff about it Tuesday. He checked in to Manatee Memorial Hospital near the team's spring training facility on Tuesday night and checked out Thursday. Nady dressed for the team's two-hour workout today at Pirate City, but he did not participate in any activities.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Papi's pitch: Red Sox shouldn't trade Lester
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Personalized Replica Pittsburgh Pirates Home White Jersey