Tribe reach deal with vet Graffanino
Graffanino has played with six teams during a 12-year major league career. The 36-year-old signed with the Indians last June, and after coming back from knee surgery, he batted .315 in 25 games for Triple-A Buffalo while playing four different infield spots.
Graffanino is a .267 career hitter. He batted .238 with nine homers and 30 RBIs in 86 games for Milwaukee in 2007 before suffering a season-ending right knee injury in August. He has played for Atlanta, Tampa Bay, the Chicago White Sox, Kansas City, Boston and the Brewers.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Cleveland Indians Slidepiece Navy T-Shirt