Berkman questionable for Opening Day
KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Lance Berkman is expected to miss two to four weeks after having knee surgery to remove loose cartilage from his left knee.
"From my understanding, they were able to clean everything up without any cartilage damage," Mills said. "The level of concern has gone way down because of that. The doctor says he's fine. I have all the confidence in the world that he's going to be fine."
Mills said that the team would not move Carlos Lee or any other outfielder to first if Berkman is out for the start of the season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Houston Astros Quarter-Zip Navy Ice Pullover