Twins' Nathan to throw this weekend
The Twins were intentionally vague about the plan for Nathan to test it this weekend. Manager Ron Gardenhire says he doesn't want it "to become a media circus."
Tests showed a torn ulnar collateral ligament on March 9. The injury could require season-ending Tommy John surgery. But Nathan wants to test it out first to see if he can pitch through the pain and not miss what was shaping up as a promising season for the Twins in their new ballpark.
Gardenhire would not say what day, or where, Nathan will play catch.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Minnesota Twins Executive Navy Crew Neck Sweater