Lee's suspension appeal postponed
PEORIA, Ariz. -- Cliff Lee will have to keep waiting for a hearing on his appeal of a five-game suspension.
The Mariners' co-ace said Monday that a hearing by teleconference with the league that had been scheduled for the morning from Phoenix was postponed because a league official could not make the appointment.
Lee wants to get the issue resolved but says "it's on hold" with no known makeup date.
Lee had collided with Snyder earlier in the game while backing up the plate on a scoring play.
The collision resulted in the strained abdomen that has Lee possibly headed to the disabled list to begin the season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee Royal T-Shirt