Miguel Cabrera's arraignment date set
Gayle Braun, an assistant state attorney for St. Lucie County, says Judge Cliff Barnes will preside over Cabrera's arraignment. The first baseman was arrested late Feb. 16 on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors. Braun says she's reviewing what formal charges she might bring.
Cabrera was arrested about 110 miles southeast of Lakeland, where the Tigers hold spring training. He missed the start of workouts and the team hasn't said when he will arrive.
Braun said Tuesday there was no lawyer on record for Cabrera.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Cubs DFA Barney, activate Bonifacio off DL
- Indians recall Salazar to start against Twins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera #24 Home White Jersey