Mariners' Miguel Olivo strains groin
The Mariners say Olivo hurt himself on the left side Saturday and will have an MRI exam.
Olivo was injured while scoring a run against Cleveland. He was headed home in the second inning and fell, landing on his stomach with his hands touching the plate.
Mariners trainers helped Olivo and he was taken to the clubhouse on a cart.
Olivo was signed as a free agent in the offseason and had been expected to be the Mariners' starting catcher.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Seattle Mariners White/Navy Crush T-Shirt