Domonic Brown leaves Phillies camp
Bell: Bad News for Brown
Depending on the course of action Domonic Brown takes for his broken hand, it could be a couple of months before he returns to form, Stephania Bell writes. Blog
Brown traveled back to Philadelphia on Sunday and will be examined by specialist Dr. Randall Culp. Brown will probably have surgery on Tuesday.
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. had said Brown would probably need anywhere from three to six weeks to heal from surgery.
Brown hurt himself swinging the bat in a game Saturday. Without him, Ben Francisco has a good chance to take over as Philadelphia's right fielder.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Philadelphia Phillies Domonic Brown Red T-Shirt