Grady Sizemore returns to Indians
The three-time AL All-Star played for the first time since last May, serving as the designated hitter Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Sizemore led off the bottom of the first against Armando Galarraga, fouling off the second pitch and grounded out to second base on the next offering.
Sizemore had microfracture surgery on his left knee June 4. The three-time AL All-Star outfielder got hurt April 1 in an exhibition game and hit only .211 in 33 regular-season games before going on the disabled list May 19, a day after aggravating the injury sliding in a game at Baltimore.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Cleveland Indians Authentic Collection Dri-FIT Legend Red Performance T-Shirt