Nats place Stephen Strasburg on DL
Mike and Mike in the Morning
ESPN MLB Insider Buster Olney talks about the injuries to Stephen Strasburg, Curtis Granderson and Roy Oswalt. Plus, Olney says Bonds will never get into the Hall of Fame no matter what happens with his trial.
The prize right-hander is in camp with the Nationals this spring. Doctors have said his recovery time from Tommy John surgery is 12 to 18 months.
The Nationals also claimed left-handed pitcher Lee Hyde off waivers from the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday. The 26-year-old Hyde was a combined 4-6 with eight saves and a 3.41 ERA last year in Triple-A and Double-A. He had Tommy John surgery in 2007.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Washington Nationals #1 Fan License Plate