Uecker a quote-machine extraordinaire
Bob Uecker lets loose with a string of quotes that have made him famous.
Along with Eddie Murray and Gary Carter, Milwaukee Brewers broadcaster/former player (he had a career .200 batting average in six seasons in the majors)/funny man Bob Uecker will be inducted into the Hall of Fame on Sunday. Uecker will be awarded the 2003 Ford C. Frick Award for broadcast excellence.
Below are a number of quotes compiled from Uecker over the years:
|“||If a guy hits .300 every year, what does he have to look forward to? I always tried to stay around .190, with three or four RBI. And I tried to get them all in September. That way I always had something to talk about during the winter. ”|
|— Bob Uecker|
|“||Sporting goods companies pay me not to endorse their products. ”|
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Milwaukee Brewers Miller Park Silver Coin Card