U.S. Cellular Field
U.S. Cellular Field333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, IL 60616
In 2003, the White Sox and U.S. Cellular forged a partnership, allowing for dramatic renovations to the stadium in the next several years. Several renovations, including a new video board in center field and a "fan deck," were made prior to the 2003 season. Formerly known as Comiskey Park, U.S. Cellular Field opened April 18, 1991, and was the first new sports facility built in Chicago since Chicago Stadium in 1929. The ballpark features a 53-foot-wide, by 28-foot-tall video screen. The park has been used in many commercials and several movies, including "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "Major League II." The playing field is composed of bluegrass sod, with three different blends of grass. The infield consists of dirt transported from the original park.
Soak up the scene:
The Cell may play second fiddle to that ballpark on the North Side of town, but it's got a lot going for it. There're some pretty good eats, the famous exploding scoreboard and a hearty and underappreciated fan base. The team took eight rows off the much-criticized upper deck, but it's still too steep and high. For more on the U.S. Cellular Field experience, including a game-day itinerary, visit Wise Guides.
- Suite tickets must be specified as Diamond Suite or Terrace Suite in order to map properly. Diamond Suite and Terrace Suite locations are not shown in the map. Availability is only indicated in the Legend.
- Premium Upper Box seating includes Rows 1-6.
- Tickets not specified by the seller as United Scout will be mapped to the Premium Lower Box portion of that section.
- Stadium Club Passes do not include admission to the game. Game tickets are still required.
- Row WCH denotes Wheel Chair Accessible seating.
Children shorter than the turnstile arm (approximately 36 inches) are admitted free of charge, but must share a seat with an accompanying adult. Children taller than the turnstile arm are required to have a game ticket.
The ballpark normally opens 1½ hours prior to game time. Consult the schedule for game times.
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, IL 60616
No Upcoming Games
- ThursdayRain: 0%
- 27º - 30ºF
- FridayRain: 0%
- 29º - 33ºF
- SaturdayRain: 0%
- 30º - 35ºF
- SundayRain: 0%
- 33º - 38ºF
- MondayRain: 70%
- 39º - 40ºF