Kobe, Nash, Stojakovic among 3-point shooting contest participants
Steve Nash, Detroit All-Star Richard Hamilton and Cleveland's Daniel Gibson also were chosen Wednesday to take part in the event, which will be held Feb. 16 in New Orleans during All-Star Saturday night.
Bryant will try to add the 3-point title to the dunk championship he won as a rookie in 1997. He is shooting 35 percent from behind the arc this season.
Kapono signed with Toronto in the offseason and is shooting 51 percent from 3-point range. He won last year in Las Vegas while playing for Miami, falling just shy of the event record with a 24 in the final round.
Stojakovic, from the hometown Hornets, won the event in 2002-03 while playing for Sacramento and was the runner-up in 2004.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Gold Gametime T-Shirt