Few questions remain for starters
Who will start the NBA All-Star Game?
Bryant had 1,903,798 votes to lead the West voting. Yao was second with 1,758,499.
The leaders for the East through Jan. 8 were forwards LeBron James of Cleveland and Kevin Garnett of Boston; guards Dwyane Wade of Miami and Allen Iverson of Detroit; and center Dwight Howard of Orlando.
Howard is the leading vote-getter for the East with 2,102,368 votes. No other East center had more than 257,527. LeBron James had 1,940,162 votes.
The announcement is tonight, starting at 7 ET on TNT. Reserves will be announced next Thursday.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Pacers-Heat tilt NBA TV's top watched ever
- Westbrook, streaking Thunder beat Grizzlies
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett #2 Black Gametime T-Shirt