Few questions remain for starters
Who will start the NBA All-Star Game?
Bryant had 1,903,798 votes to lead the West voting. Yao was second with 1,758,499.
The leaders for the East through Jan. 8 were forwards LeBron James of Cleveland and Kevin Garnett of Boston; guards Dwyane Wade of Miami and Allen Iverson of Detroit; and center Dwight Howard of Orlando.
Howard is the leading vote-getter for the East with 2,102,368 votes. No other East center had more than 257,527. LeBron James had 1,940,162 votes.
The announcement is tonight, starting at 7 ET on TNT. Reserves will be announced next Thursday.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight victory
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Gold T-Shirt