Three chosen to play H-O-R-S-E
What is your go-to H-O-R-S-E shot? Share the details! And we'd also love to see a video of your shot or picture of your home hoop. H-O-R-S-E group
Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson is the other competitor in TNT's special event, the network announced Tuesday. Johnson will play in the All-Star Game, while Durant and Mayo were selected for the rookie challenge.
The contest will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party on Saturday in Phoenix before TNT televises the All-Star Saturday night festivities.
If a player makes a shot in H-O-R-S-E, the next competitor must make the same shot or receive a letter. A player gets an 'H' for his first miss and is eliminated once he has all five letters of the word.
Players will have 24 seconds to execute their shots, and an NBA referee will rule if they're done properly. Dunking won't be allowed.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Highland Mint Atlanta Hawks Philips Arena Signature Stadium Photo