Cavs guard picked for skills challenge
PHOENIX -- Mo Williams has a second role at All-Star weekend.
A day after finally making the Eastern Conference team as an injury replacement, the Cleveland point guard was picked Wednesday to appear in the skills challenge.
Williams will replace Orlando's Jameer Nelson, who has a torn right labrum that also forced him to pull out of the All-Star Game.
Boston's Ray Allen was chosen by commissioner David Stern for that spot, which the Cavaliers felt should have gone to Williams. Williams was finally chosen by Stern on Tuesday to replace injured Toronto forward Chris Bosh.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers climawarm Navy 3-Stripe Pullover Hoodie