With court defeat looming, what's next for Isiah and the Knicks?
NEW YORK -- Isiah Thomas' jaw was clenched tight as he stared at the blank expressions of the seven jurors who had paraded single-file past him, not one of them returning his gaze.The jury appeared nearly finished finding in favor of plaintiff Anucha Browne Sanders in her sexual harassment suit against Thomas and Madison Square Garden. The note that the jury sent to the judge shortly after 4:30 p.m. said it had reached unanimous verdicts on eight of the nine questions on the verdict sheet.
THE ISIAH TRIAL
A federal jury decided that Madison Square Garden and its chairman must pay $11.6 million in damages to former New York Knicks executive Anucha Browne Sanders over her harassment lawsuit.
News• Stern: NBA won't punish Isiah, MSG over lawsuit
• Settlement reached in Knicks harassment case
• Sharpton backs off protest threats
• Thomas, Sharpton to hold joint press conference
• Stringer apologizes to Isiah for critical comments
• Rutgers coach 'disgusted' by Isiah deposition
• MSG, Isiah ask court to reduce $11.6M award
• Sharpton: Thomas owes apology for deposition
• Report: Stern concerned about harassment
• Isiah: 'My head never left basketball' during trial
• Jury rules Thomas harassed; MSG owes $11.6M
• Jury note indicates Thomas guilty of harassment
• Deliberations resume after closing arguments
• Closing arguments begin at Thomas trial
• Isiah: I never cursed at accuser
• Isiah takes the stand
• How Marbury fits into this case
• Defense witness: Plaintiff was ready to quit
• Witness: Isiah loved, hated accuser
• Plaintiff says Isiah called her vulgar names
• Marbury: Lawsuit is a "joke"
• First salvos launched as trial opens
• Jury selection set for trial
Analysis• Robinson: Appeal of verdict would be ill-advised
• Adande: Stern's silence speaks volumes
• Sheridan: Verdict, rough road loom for Isiah
• Simmons: Idiot's guide to Isiah trial
• Marchand: Denials and damage control
• Marchand: Isiah accentuates the positive
• Sheridan: Five questions
• Adande: Knicks and O.J., tied by court culture
• Hill: What Isiah said is worse than Imus' rant
• Sheridan: Knicks usually cut check
Audio• Stephen A. Smith, Andrew Marchand react
Video• Thomas, Brown make statements
• Knicks stand behind their coach
• Legal ramifications of the Isiah verdict
• Jury rules against Thomas and MSG
• Sheridan: Jury leaning against Thomas
• Thomas trial nearing conclusion
• Chris Broussard on Isiah Thomas' trial
• Accusations fly in Thomas' harassment case
TrueHoop• What's up with Stephon Marbury?
• Some more bad Times for MSG
• League sanction for Isiah?