Suspensions total 47 games from Knicks-Nuggets fight
NEW YORK -- The NBA came down hard on the New York Knicks and the Denver Nuggets for brawling, and no player involved was spared.
Not Carmelo Anthony, the NBA's leading scorer, who got the harshest punishment, a 15-game suspension. And not the teams themselves, who were fined an unprecedented half-million dollars each Monday.
"We have set up the goal of eliminating fighting from our
game. We haven't eliminated it completely," Commissioner David
Stern said in meting ...
Read full story
GARDEN FIGHT FALLOUT
• Hill: Don't blame 'thugs' for fight
• Bucher: Melo walking dangerous line again
• Sheridan: Not so Stern penalty for Thomas
• Stein: Answering brawl questions
• Stein Blog: Way too easy on Isiah
• Sheridan: NBA to use experience to rule
• Stein Blog: Nuggets' Iverson plan
• Melo won't appeal, will serve suspension
• Northwest pulls mag featuring Anthony
• Karl calls Isiah 'a jerk'
• League looking into roles of Isiah, players
• Carmelo Anthony apologizes
• Notable brawls in NBA history
• Knicks' loss to Nuggets turns into free-for-all
• Allen Houston not surprised by penalties.
• Dan Patrick Show: Union president Billy Hunter discusses punishments.
• Karl blasts Isiah
• Daily Dish: Sheridan, Ford discuss brawl
• Reggie Miller: Isiah and Karl deserve suspensions
• Stephen A. Smith's take
• Karl says Isiah's actions 'despicable'
• Isiah issued warning before brawl
• Players fight at Madison Square Garden
• Sheridan analyzes brawl
• Stephen A. breaks down brawl
• Isiah Thomas discusses battle
• Nuggets react to situation
• Kiki Vandeweghe's take
• What do you think of the punishment?