NBA suspends Stoudemire, Diaw for leaving bench
The pain from Robert Horry's hockey-style check on Steve Nash was felt on the day after by the Phoenix Suns.
The Suns' hopes for a lenient ruling from the league office faded quickly Tuesday night, when it was announced that Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw would indeed receive one-game suspensions for leaving "the immediate vicinity of their bench" during the altercation that followed Horry's hit on Nash in the final minute of a series-tying Game 4 victory in San Antonio.
Horry received ...
Read full story
THE GREAT SUSPENSION DEBATE
After Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw of Phoenix were suspended one game for leaving the bench following Robert Horry's knockdown of Steve Nash late in Suns-Spurs Game 4, a flurry of reaction ensued.
NEWS AND COMMENTARY
• NBA suspends Amare, Diaw for leaving bench
• Amare reacts to suspension, calls out Duncan
• Stern defends Stoudemire, Diaw suspensions
• Experts hit all angles of suspensions
• Simmons: Common sense vs. NBA rulebook
• Stein: How Suns might adjust in Game 5
• Daily Dime: The night of the collision
• Keown: Cheap reward for cheap shot
• Jemele Hill: Right call
• Dan Patrick with David Stern ... Transcript
• Keith and Dan react to defiant Commish
• Mike Tirico: Amare, Boris messed up
• Greg Anthony: Bench rule is 'gospel'
• Jon Barry: Suns lost without 'em
• D'Antoni: NBA needs to review its policy
• Charles Barkley wants spirit of rules followed
• Jim O'Brien: Why suspending is wrong call
• Stu Jackson says ruling was "no brainer"