Stoudemire reacts to suspension, calls out Duncan
Amare Stoudemire reacted to his one-game suspension Wednesday and also wondered why Tim Duncan wasn't punished similarly when he stepped onto the court from the bench earlier in the game.
"I am disappointed that the NBA looked at the letter of the rule and not the spirit of the rule. I admit I stepped on the court, and that I should have had some more restraint, but Tim Duncan did the same thing but just not in such an aggressive manner. The rules are the rules, and I abide by them, and ...
Read full story
THE GREAT SUSPENSION DEBATE
After Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw of Phoenix were suspended one game for leaving the bench following Robert Horry's knockdown of Steve Nash late in Suns-Spurs Game 4, a flurry of reaction ensued.
NEWS AND COMMENTARY
• NBA suspends Amare, Diaw for leaving bench
• Amare reacts to suspension, calls out Duncan
• Stern defends Stoudemire, Diaw suspensions
• Experts hit all angles of suspensions
• Simmons: Common sense vs. NBA rulebook
• Stein: How Suns might adjust in Game 5
• Daily Dime: The night of the collision
• Keown: Cheap reward for cheap shot
• Jemele Hill: Right call
• Dan Patrick with David Stern ... Transcript
• Keith and Dan react to defiant Commish
• Mike Tirico: Amare, Boris messed up
• Greg Anthony: Bench rule is 'gospel'
• Jon Barry: Suns lost without 'em
• D'Antoni: NBA needs to review its policy
• Charles Barkley wants spirit of rules followed
• Jim O'Brien: Why suspending is wrong call
• Stu Jackson says ruling was "no brainer"