Bulls agree to two-year deal with veteran F Smith
The Chicago Bulls have reportedly taken a step toward addressing their needs in the paint.
Multiple Chicago-area media reports have confirmed that the Bulls have agreed to a two-year deal with veteran forward Joe Smith. The move ultimately suggests that P.J. Brown will not return to the team.
Though terms of the deal were not known, the Bulls had the NBA's mid-level exception of $5.36 million as a maximum to offer Smith this season.
Smith, who was ...
Read full story
NBA Free Agency
The NBA's offseason is well underway. Check out our complete coverage of Free Agency 2007.
• 2007 player movement chart
• Complete free agent list
• Lakers re-sign Mihm
• Nuggets sign Atkins
• Nets agree with Magloire
• Milicic signs with Memphis
• Report: Bulls agree to deal with Smith
• Williams agrees to re-sign with Bucks
• Kings add Moore
• Blazers sign Blake
• Hornets sign MoPete
• Fisher rejoins Kobe in Lakers' backcourt
• Hill's heading to Phoenix
• Stack's sticking with Mavs
• Pistons re-sign Amir Johnson
• Bobcats re-sign Wallace
• Mavs re-sign George
• Billups, Pistons agree to multi-year deal
• Magic complete sign-and-trade for Lewis
• Carter re-signs with Nets
• Walton re-signs with Lakers
• Raps sign Kapono, Baston
• Ford: Managing the salary cap
• Hollinger: Grading early free-agent deals
• Hollinger: Magic make early noise
• Sheridan: Top 25 free agents
• Hollinger: Impact of summer of '08