Oden's recovery from surgery likely in range of 6-12 months
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Greg Oden's rookie season with the Portland Trail Blazers abruptly ended before it began when the 7-footer had knee surgery on Thursday.
The top pick in the June draft went in for an exploratory procedure on his right knee and ended up having microfracture surgery, which means he will sit out the season.
"Greg looked at me as he was coming out of his surgery, and he
and his mom Zoe probably said 'sorry' 20 times," Blazers general
manager Kevin Pritchard said. ...
Read full story
Portland Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will miss the 2007-08 season after undergoing knee surgery.
News• Oden talks about his post-surgery rehab
• Oden's first season lost to knee surgery
Commentary• Katz: Oden driven to get in paint
• Stein: Bowie feels Oden's pain
• Simmons blog: Blazers don't deserve Bowie 2.0
• Adande: More misfortune in Portland
• Ford: Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
• Hollinger: Injury costs Blazers playoff shot
• Vandeweghe: Go slow with Oden, Portland
• TrueHoop: Grieving with Oden
• TrueHoop: Worst case scenario
• Fantasy spin: Who does it impact
• Vitale: Injury blow for Portland's Oden
• Broussard blog: Don't count Oden out yet
Audio• Bill Walton on Oden's situation
• Blazers' Pritchard: Oden was still right pick
• Ric Bucher reacts to injury
• Agent: He will be back