Sam Bowie feels Greg Oden's pain
Sam Bowie has never met Greg Oden.
"But there's not a bigger Greg Oden fan in the world than Sam Bowie," Bowie said by phone Friday.
Bowie was already rooting for Oden as "a fellow big man" drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers, but the link between them became permanent this week when Oden was unexpectedly forced to undergo microfracture surgery on his right knee, meaning that the No. 1 overall pick in the June draft likely will miss his entire rookie season.
Portland Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will miss the 2007-08 season after undergoing knee surgery.
News• Oden talks about his post-surgery rehab
• Oden's first season lost to knee surgery
Commentary• Katz: Oden driven to get in paint
• Stein: Bowie feels Oden's pain
• Simmons blog: Blazers don't deserve Bowie 2.0
• Adande: More misfortune in Portland
• Ford: Silver linings for Oden, Blazers, NBA
• Hollinger: Injury costs Blazers playoff shot
• Vandeweghe: Go slow with Oden, Portland
• TrueHoop: Grieving with Oden
• TrueHoop: Worst case scenario
• Fantasy spin: Who does it impact
• Vitale: Injury blow for Portland's Oden
• Broussard blog: Don't count Oden out yet
Audio• Bill Walton on Oden's situation
• Blazers' Pritchard: Oden was still right pick
• Ric Bucher reacts to injury
• Agent: He will be back