Paxson says Bulls out of Kobe trade talks -- for now
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson said that trade talks on Kobe Bryant with the Los Angeles Lakers have ended for now and downplayed the notion that the teams were ever on the verge of a deal.
"There's not a deal done," he said Thursday. "There's not going to be a deal done. All the things that were out there were really unfair to all of us who were trying to do our jobs. The misinformation ... I think gets in the way of the process. It's just such a complicated ...
Read full story
KOBE TRADE WATCH
Kobe Bryant asked to be traded in May. The issue simmered. Then Lakers owner Jerry Buss stated on Oct. 10 that he "would certainly listen" to trade offers. Talk of a Kobe deal has heated anew.
• Kobe 'happy' with Lakers, glad he wasn't traded
• Bulls GM Paxson says Kobe trade talks put to rest
• Stein: Taking a spin on the Kobe Coaster
• Sheridan: Kobe takes stand on Deng in deal
• Cuban: Kobe deal to Mavs 'not going to happen'
• Report: Mavs won't trade away Dirk for Kobe
• Adande: Kobe's life in Laker limbo
• Kobe nets 20 in return
• Stein: Kobe looks ready for departure
• Kobe denies cleaning out locker
• Expert roundtable: How this might play out
• Buss willing to listen to offers for Kobe
• Ford Podcast: Adande on Kobe's value
• Get Kobe on your team