The Playoff Predictor: Explaining how it works
Welcome, everyone, to our latest creation: The Hollinger Playoff Odds. The idea behind it is to try to predict a team's final regular-season record by having a computer play out the remainder of the season's schedule, allowing us to figure out which teams have the upper hand in the playoff chase. Then we have it play out the playoffs and the draft lottery and report back the results.
Better yet, because the games are being played on a computer and not in real life, we can repeat ...
Read full story
John Hollinger writes for ESPN Insider.
To e-mail him, click here.
Recent columns• All-Defense teams
• How the West will finish
• Hornets stirring it up out West
• The secret to Rockets' streak success
• Which NBA records are ready to fall?
• The All-Sleeper Team
• Are centers a dying breed?
• Rating college prospects
Playoff Predictor• Does your team have plans for the playoffs?
• How the Playoff Predictor works
• Fastbreak: Who's headed for playoffs, lottery?
Rankings• Hollinger's Daily Power Rankings: Who's No. 1?
• Hollinger's PER stats
• PER stats: Point Guards
• PER stats: Shooting Guards
• PER stats: Small Forwards
• PER stats: Power Forwards
• PER stats: Centers
• PER stats: Rookies
• PER stats: International
• What is PER?
• Hollinger Team Statistics