Memphis' Iavaroni takes high road after Spurs' Popovich lashes out
Grizzlies head coach Marc Iavaroni has heard the critics lambasting Memphis' management for the Pau Gasol trade to the Lakers, most notably the strong words from San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. He just chooses to ignore them.
"[Popovich is] a great coach and they do a good job there," Iavaroni told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "I don't read into anyone else's comments. That's just the nature of the league. People have a right to their opinion. We're just taking care of our best interests."
Read full story
LAKERS GET GASOL
Pau Gasol, traded Feb. 1 to the Lakers from the Grizzlies for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and two first-round draft picks, brings renewed hope to Kobe and Co.
News• Iavaroni responds to Popovich's stinging criticism
• Pau joins Lakers in D.C., but sits
• Lakers get Gasol: 'A great step' says Kobe
Commentary• Sheridan: Pau's pressure cooker
• Adande: Future much brighter in LA
• Sheridan: Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace's view
• Weekend Dime: Stein on deal questions
• TrueHoop: Memphis side of the story
• TrueHoop: Gasol in the big picture
Analysis• Ford: Ten teams that could have had Pau
• Hollinger: Lakers now the favorites
• Broussard: Lakers join reborn Celtics
Podcast• Daily Dish: Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace
Fantasy• Impact on gamers
Rumor Central• The latest Gasol talk
Trade Machine• Create your own deal
SportsNation:• Adande chat wrap
• Vote: Your take on the deal