SuperSonics, Seattle reach last-minute settlement
SEATTLE -- Clay Bennett finally found a dollar amount that would sever his contentious relationship with the city of Seattle -- $75 million.
As a result, the SuperSonics are headed to Oklahoma City with Bennett leading the way, leaving behind the team name, colors and 41 years of history.
Oklahoma City will have an NBA franchise for the 2008-09 season after a settlement announced Wednesday between the team and the city of Seattle, severing the bond with the city that culminated in ...
Read full story
Sonics Moving To Oklahoma City
After 41 years in Seattle, the Sonics are leaving. Following a settlement Wednesday, the team's ownership will move the team to Oklahoma City for the coming season. Story
News• Sonics still undecided on practice facilities
• Stern spells out timeline for potential NBA return
• Official document: Settlement details
Analysis• Munson: Q&A on Sonics' settlement with Seattle
• Adande: Move sends a bad message
• Moving vanguard: Others with going concerns
TrueHoop• Bennett not necessarily yielding all things Sonic
• Wrestling with the news
• A shot to the gut of Seattle fans
Page 2• Kevin Jackson: Your team could be next
• Caple: Faithless in Seattle
• Schoenfield: Lowest Seattle moments
Podcast• Broussard on the moving news
Video• Seattle mayor speaks
• Sonics owner on move
SportsNation• Moving issues in Sonics situation
• Who's next? Rank most likely to move