Sonics saga sends out a bad message
The NBA should be banned from using the phrase "NBA cares" in any future public service announcement.
That should be a contingency of the settlement that ended the city of Seattle's lawsuit against the SuperSonics and freed the team to move to Oklahoma City, Okla. Because that's the message the sad Sonics saga sends out. The league doesn't care one bit unless you're willing to give up your money to enable its profits.
We know the NBA isn't a philanthropic organization, ...
Read full story
Sonics Moving To Oklahoma City
After 41 years in Seattle, the Sonics are leaving. Following a settlement Wednesday, the team's ownership will move the team to Oklahoma City for the coming season. Story
News• Sonics still undecided on practice facilities
• Stern spells out timeline for potential NBA return
• Official document: Settlement details
Analysis• Munson: Q&A on Sonics' settlement with Seattle
• Adande: Move sends a bad message
• Moving vanguard: Others with going concerns
TrueHoop• Bennett not necessarily yielding all things Sonic
• Wrestling with the news
• A shot to the gut of Seattle fans
Page 2• Kevin Jackson: Your team could be next
• Caple: Faithless in Seattle
• Schoenfield: Lowest Seattle moments
Podcast• Broussard on the moving news
Video• Seattle mayor speaks
• Sonics owner on move
SportsNation• Moving issues in Sonics situation
• Who's next? Rank most likely to move