Ex-Hawk Childress signs with Greek club team
Josh Childress is leaving the Atlanta Hawks for Greek club Olympiacos, reversing the course of the many international stars who have signed with the NBA.
Heading overseas allows Childress to make more money than he could have as a restricted free agent in the United States. The Hawks had the right to match an offer from another NBA team, but not from an international club.
Agent Jim Tanner said Wednesday the three-year deal was worth about $20 million after taxes. The money ...
Read full story
NBA To Europe
Josh Childress is leaving the NBA for Europe this summer in what is becoming a growing trend.
News• Childress leaves NBA for Greece
• Krstic decides to bolt Nets for Europe
• Former Nets F Nachbar to sign with Russian squad
• Delfino signs contract to play with BC Khimki
• Brezec signs with Virtus Roma of the Euroleague
• Navarro leaves Grizzlies, rejoins Barcelona team
• Top prospect Jennings signs with Italian team
Analysis• Sheridan: Stronger Euro could fuel trend
• TrueHoop: Why this is good for NBA
• Hollinger: Hawks hurting after Childress move