Sophomore slump? These 10 should soar instead
How will last season's rookies perform in Year 2? Here are my top 10 sophs:
1. Kevin Durant, Thunder
I'm not expecting Durant's scoring numbers to jump nearly as much as his overall efficiency and productivity. Yes, he could average close to 25 points per game -- which would be impressive -- but doing so while rebounding better, defending with more purpose and getting more buckets inside the paint will establish Durant as a true future star. Building on this past April's play would ...
Read full story
NBA Season Preview: 2008-09
We kick off the season in style: previews, forecasts and more for all 30 NBA teams. Preview Index
Celtics | Nets | Knicks | 76ers | Raptors
Bulls | Cavs | Pistons | Pacers | Bucks
Hawks | Bobcats | Heat | Magic | Wizards
Nuggets | Blazers | Wolves | Thunder | Jazz
Warriors | Clippers | Lakers | Suns | Kings
Mavs | Rockets | Grizzlies | Hornets | Spurs
Columnists• Thorpe: 10 sophomores who should soar
• Thorpe: Top rookies | Rookie 50
• Insider: All-Breakout sophomores
• Hollinger: All-Breakout Team
• Jackson: This is the Rockets' season
• Morales: ESPNDeportes sizes up division races
Mag PreviewThe Mag unleashes its NBA preview filled with everything a fan needs and wants to know.
• Mag's 2008-09 NBA preview
• Neel: The Rockets' Moneyball approach
• Bucher: The next great point guard
• Survey by a fan, a coach, a GM and a player
• 30 hot topics: East outlook | West outlook
Fantasy• Simmons: NBA Fantasy extravaganza
• Love/Hate for 2008-09
• 1-on-1: Nash or D. Williams?
• 1-on-1: KG or Josh Smith?
• 1-on-1: Oden or Bynum?
• Fantasy draft kit | Join now!
Multimedia• Watch: Rookie impact players
• Watch: Fantasy Hoops preview show