Struggling Raptors fire Mitchell just 17 games into season
TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors fired coach Sam Mitchell on Wednesday and replaced him with assistant Jay Triano, one day after an embarrassing loss at Denver.
Mitchell led the Raptors to the playoffs in each of the last two seasons and was honored as the NBA's coach of the year for 2006-07. Toronto was off to a sluggish 8-9 start, due in part to injuries.
General manager Bryan Colangelo said Tuesday night's 132-93 loss to the Nuggets was the final straw. Toronto allowed Denver to shoot ...
Read full story
The Grizzlies fired coach Marc Iavaroni on Jan. 22 after an 11-30 start, making him the seventh NBA coach replaced this season. Story
• Sources: Avery Johnson turns down job
• Theus fired after 6-18 start
• Watch: Theus out
• Cheeks out after 9-14 start
• Hollinger: Offensive woes
• Insider: Numbers' tale
• Sheridan: Stefanski's take
• TrueHoop: The Sendoff Games
• Stephen A. Smith on the change
• McHale replaces Wittman
• Watch: McHale's decision
• Sheridan: Who's next to go?
• NBA's first Canadian coach
• Hollinger: Focus on Raps GM
• Legler on Mitchell firing
• TrueHoop: Surprised by firing
• Eddie Jordan out as Wizards coach
• Carlesimo out after 1-12 start
• Insider: Thunder's road ahead