76ers fire Cheeks after slow start
The slumping Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday became the fifth NBA team to make a coaching change before Christmas this season, deciding they had to fire Maurice Cheeks despite extending his contract twice in the past year.
As reported by ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, citing sources close to the situation, Cheeks was informed of his dismissal Saturday morning after the Sixers suffered their eighth loss in 10 games Friday night at Cleveland and dropped to 9-14.
The move ...
Read full story
The Grizzlies fired coach Marc Iavaroni on Jan. 22 after an 11-30 start, making him the seventh NBA coach replaced this season. Story
• Sources: Avery Johnson turns down job
• Theus fired after 6-18 start
• Watch: Theus out
• Cheeks out after 9-14 start
• Hollinger: Offensive woes
• Insider: Numbers' tale
• Sheridan: Stefanski's take
• TrueHoop: The Sendoff Games
• Stephen A. Smith on the change
• McHale replaces Wittman
• Watch: McHale's decision
• Sheridan: Who's next to go?
• NBA's first Canadian coach
• Hollinger: Focus on Raps GM
• Legler on Mitchell firing
• TrueHoop: Surprised by firing
• Eddie Jordan out as Wizards coach
• Carlesimo out after 1-12 start
• Insider: Thunder's road ahead