Rookie Watch: Who's moving on up?
As the NBA carries on toward midseason, some rookies are finding their gait and spreading their wings while others still wait for a chance. It's a mistake to assume that what we see from a rookie is what we'll get for the rest of the season or his career. A rookie can't control variables such as roster stacking in similar positions, coaching styles, injuries and even the presence of superstars on his roster.
Think about this: Would our top three guards this week -- O.J. Mayo, Russell ...
Read full story
NBA Rookie 50
During the regular season, Scouts Inc.'s David Thorpe ranks the rookies and provides observations on the entire class. Rookie 50
Thorpe's weekly reports• 01/06: Who's bringing the D?
• 12/30: Big men making their mark
• 12/23: Hunting for playoff minutes
• 12/17: Mayo takes over No. 1 spot
• 12/10: Westbrook soars into top 10
• 12/02: Augustin races into top 10
• 11/26: Oden climbs back into top 10
• 11/18: Rose takes over No. 1 spot
• 11/11: Mayo jumps into top five
• 11/05: Fernandez shoots to top of the list
• 10/29: The debuts of Rose, Oden
• 10/24: Oden begins season at head of class