Rookie Watch: Room for improvement
Here's how the rookie class can make their last month of the season their best one
As the NBA's rookie class heads into the last month of the season, it's easy for players to either lose their focus entirely or channel their focus into just "playing hard." In reality, improving an aspect of their game helps to focus them, grounding them into the present and forcing them to work on specific rather than general things.
Watching tape and spending extra time before games, after practices or even on off days fine-tuning their craft with an assistant coach is the best ...
Read full story
NBA Rookie 50
During the regular season, Scouts Inc.'s David Thorpe ranks the rookies and provides observations on the entire class. Rookie 50
Thorpe's weekly reports• 01/06: Who's bringing the D?
• 12/30: Big men making their mark
• 12/23: Hunting for playoff minutes
• 12/17: Mayo takes over No. 1 spot
• 12/10: Westbrook soars into top 10
• 12/02: Augustin races into top 10
• 11/26: Oden climbs back into top 10
• 11/18: Rose takes over No. 1 spot
• 11/11: Mayo jumps into top five
• 11/05: Fernandez shoots to top of the list
• 10/29: The debuts of Rose, Oden
• 10/24: Oden begins season at head of class