USC junior guard Pruitt enters name in NBA draft
LOS ANGELES -- Southern California guard Gabe Pruitt plans to enter the NBA draft but won't hire an agent, meaning he could return to school for his senior season.
The 6-foot-4 Pruitt averaged 12.5 points and 4.2 assists for the Trojans last season, leading the team with 47 steals. Southern Cal went 25-12 last season, losing in the NCAA regional semifinals to North Carolina. He is the 25th-leading scorer in school history with 1,102 points.
The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is Sunday. Pruitt can return for his senior season at USC if he withdraws from the draft by June 18.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt