USC junior guard Pruitt enters name in NBA draft
LOS ANGELES -- Southern California guard Gabe Pruitt plans to enter the NBA draft but won't hire an agent, meaning he could return to school for his senior season.
The 6-foot-4 Pruitt averaged 12.5 points and 4.2 assists for the Trojans last season, leading the team with 47 steals. Southern Cal went 25-12 last season, losing in the NCAA regional semifinals to North Carolina. He is the 25th-leading scorer in school history with 1,102 points.
The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is Sunday. Pruitt can return for his senior season at USC if he withdraws from the draft by June 18.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron in Vegas with Wade; no decision yet
- Phil hasn't heard from Melo, still confident
- Judge recesses Sterling case for two weeks
- Doc: Clips got right pieces in Hawes, Farmar
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Alley Oop Youth-Sized Basketball